Functional Embedded Language for Digital Signal Processing and Parallelism
Feldspar is a joint research project of
This is an open source project, see the download page for details.
- 2011.05.25. Guest talk at Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany.
Slides of the talk and files of the demo are available.
- 2010.09.1 – 3.
IFL 2010: the 22nd Symposium on Implementation and Application of Functional Languages, Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands.
The slides of the talk and the paper are available.
- 2010.07.26 – 28. MEMOCODE 2010: International Conference on Formal Methods and Models for Codesign, Grenoble, France.
The paper is available.
- 2010.04.25. ODES-8: Workshop on Optimizations for DSP and Embedded Systems, Toronto, Canada.
Slides of the talk and the paper are available.
Examples and generated C code used for the performance tests described in the paper are here.
- 2010.01.29. 8th International Conference on Applied Informatics, Eger, Hungary.
Slides of the talk, the
poster, and the
paper are available.
The poster and its presentation won the "Best poster talk" award.
- 2009.11.26. Ericsson Software Research Day, Stockholm, Sweden.
Slides of the talk are available.
The goal of the project is to define a high-level language that allows description of signal processing algorithms with the following characteristics:
- Allows compact and easy-to-understand definition of algorithms.
- Allows execution and functional verification.
- Hardware platform independent.
- Allows efficient code generation for various targets (at least DSPs and FPGAs).
- Enables future extensions for code generation for multi-core targets for computing-intensive algorithms.
- Supports code generation for multiple streams.
- Supports specification of external interfaces as C functions, and supports inclusion of existing components.
- Supports merging, re-grouping, splitting of algorithms and groups of algorithms.
- Supports expression of control information handling.
We have developed a prototype compiler that generates ISO C99 code for programs written in this high-level language, and we plan to target real digital signal processing hardware in the future.
||Prof. Mary Sheeran
||Prof. Zoltán Horváth
|Strategic Software Researcher
Group Function Technology
Oy L M Ericsson Ab
Hirsalantie 11, 02420 Jorvas, Finland
Office: +358 9 299 3046
Mobile: +358 40 062 8146
andras (dot) vajda (at) ericsson (dot) com
|Computer Science and Engineering Dept. (D&IT)
Chalmers University of Technology
SE-412 96 Göteborg, Sweeden
Visiting address: D&IT building, room 5466
Phone: +46 31 772 10 13
ms (at) chalmers (dot) se
|Dept. of Programming Languages and Compilers
Faculty of Informatics
Eötvös Loránd University
Pázmány P. stny. 1/C, H-1117 Budapest, Hungary
Phone : +36 1 3812189
Fax: +36 1 3812185
hz (at) inf (dot) elte (dot) hu
$LastChangedDate: 2011-05-26 17:26:30 +0200 (Thu, 26 May 2011) $